Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fig & Olive

We are all back from another year of college and I can't believe we're half way done! Last night we celebrated Elise's 20th Birthday, she's the baby of the group and one of the last to enter her twenties! Her two decades down soirée was held at the restaurant Fig & Olive. First impression was it was beautiful inside and quite packed for a Monday night! Apparently it's the new hot spot for cougars, which could explain why the bar was so lively? But the real spectacle is the food. I had heard countless people rave about the dishes they served and couldn't wait! We started with an assortment of Crostinis that ranged from Shrimp, Avocado, Cilantro and Tomato to Prosciutto, Ricotta, Fig, Olive and Walnut (my favorite).



















Also for an appetizer they served bread with three different olive oils, Verdial Cracked Fennel Pink Pepper, Cuquillo Herbs de Provence, and Cordoba Lemon Thyme. All three variations were unique and delicious! For the main entree I ordered the Provence Roasted Chicken, which was seasoned with rosemary, garlic and paired with a fresh lemon ratatouille, and heirloom potatoes bathed in basil olive oil.  Need I say more? All in all the meal was to die for and I wish every meal I ate was this exquisite! And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to Elise, only 365 days till she is legal!

No comments:

Post a Comment