Thursday, July 10, 2014

Copenhagen- sure why not?

I recently had the opportunity to travel to five different countries in a short 13 days- yes 13 days. To say the least my mom and I know how to power through Europe and make the most of every destination. The start of our journey began at LAX, where upon our arrival we were told we had a two hour delay. Problem one already had arisen because our layover in Copenhagen was two hours to catch our flight to Amsterdam.
Regardless of this small speedbump we landed in Copenhagen completely clueless as to whether we had missed our flight or not. So we preceded to run back and forth in the airport trying to find the Norwegian Airlines counter. Needless to say I think I now know the layout of the Copenhagen airport like the back of my hand! Finally we found the counter and were informed we would be spending the night in Copenhagen to catch the next flight to Amsterdam the following day at 4 PM or as in Europe 16:00- lets just say the military time involved a lot of counting on my fingers- yes I'm 5 years old! So we headed to our hotel which was conveniently located across the street from the airport! It got even better when we were told we had all meals included at the all you can eat buffet which was right up my alley after only airplane food for the past 12 hours! We decided to make the best of our impromptu layover and went sightseeing the following morning after our dutch breakfast! We started by walking through the Botanical gardens and practically had it to ourselves it was so empty!

Botanical Garden


Then we went to the National Gallery of Denmark to fill time until the Rosenborg Castle opened to the public. The castle was so full of history and I loved seeing all the royal artifacts and where they lived- and I learned that I get to close for comfort to the art because I was scolded on more then one occasion- whoops!
Rosenborg Castle











 







Nyhavn Street



Finally we headed to the famous and picturesque Nyhavn Street! This street was absolutely breathtaking and I never wanted to leave. I probably took 100 pictures and was so sad we had to head back to the airport to catch our flight. Thankfully we had ample time because the security isn't quite as extensive as our lovely LAX so we had time to enjoy some dutch beer called Carlsburg. Overall my experience in Copenhagen was amazing. The people were beyond friendly, patient and not to mention beautiful- like hello blonde model population with gorgeous dads- I am moving to Copenhagen. I even got mistaken as a local- I was sorta excited until I realized I couldn't respond in Dutch! I will definitely be making Denmark part of my next European trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment