Monday, July 28, 2014

¡Hola Barcelona!

One thing this vacation taught me is that yes I may be directionally challenged and still use GPS to get to Los Angeles but public transport is like 100 times easier. Like way way easier because believe me I have no street smarts... and we still made it to our flight with ample time! So it was adios Prague and Hola Barcelona!

Our trip couldn't of started off any better! Within minutes of getting to our hotel we were told a pipe burst and there was water damage in our room. Ok this sounds like a terrible way to start a trip but just wait. Turns out they upgraded us to their nicer hotel and we were staying right on the water- score! Once we checked in we grabbed some sandwiches and beer- Heinekens to be exact, because I had a new found love for them after Amsterdam. It may be more of an obsession because I ordered them every time they were on the menu! With our beers and sandwiches in tow we leisurely made our way to the beach. Here is a major difference to American beaches. 1) You can drink on the beach 2) Tops are completely optional and believe me people love to flaunt it. Probably what draws the masses of men to the beaches of Barcelona!  So I joined the club and took my top off....of my beer and took a nice siesta before cleaning up for dinner. But back to the masses of men, when I say I have never seen so many in one central location I am telling the truth. I thought I had a David Beckham sighting within minutes of walking towards the beach. Not to mention they love to compliment women right and left, but hey I'm not complaining!

Aside from the eye candy the food in Barcelona hands down is some of the best food in the world, probably helps I love seafood and sangria but the options are endless in this city! We decided on a cute restaurant with a band in the small square mainly because they had the yummiest looking sangria! So with our sangria and some chardonnay we ordered some tapas- A hummus sampler with fire roasted pepper, traditional and olive oil hummus, a melted manchego cheese topped with raspberry jam, and some kobe sliders with aioli sauce..... Holy heaven to my taste buds! It was a great end to a wonderful start to our time in Barcelona!






No comments:

Post a Comment